Thursday, October 13, 2011

It's been a while

It has been some time since I have updated this blog. Once again. So much has been going on there just has not been the time. I put us on the PDD waiver list some 2 years ago for ABA therapy, and our number is finally up! So I have been interviewing people with different companies,trying to find the best fit for Rory. Aside from that Rory has been making HUGE strides in his communication and behavior. We have always sort of "forced" Rory to spend quality time with us. Even though as most kids with autism he would sooner be left alone. But because we do, something amazing has happened! Rory has been wanting to do things with others! He comes home from school and asks if I would like to color, or play a board game with him. He is silly with his sister alot now. It is just a great transformation.
That is not to say we don't have tons of setbacks. My parents are in town and Rory got frustrated and screamed at my mom and started throwing blocks. He knew she was coming, we had talked about it for a couple days. But somehow it still didn't go too smoothly. For the most part though Rory is learning to control his emotions a little better.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is awesome!!! Nothing, NOTHING beats having your kid want to be with you, and asking for your time and attention.

    Progress is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete